Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday May 13th 2009

I ended up having to change the horse I was working with. I am not working with Classic. Cash needs Kellie to work with him a lot more. Classic is a 16hh thoroughbred gelding. He came to the farm fairly skinny, out of shape, and spooky. I've been working with him for a couple of weeks. It works very well for the senior project. I've been riding him since the project started, so it is really just a switch in focus :) 

Classic and I worked on communication at the beginning of the lesson. I needed to be much stronger with him. Once that happen, he listened well. We then did a couple single jumps. He hasn't been jumped very often. He likes to rush the jumps, but the calmer I stayed the calmer he stayed. By the end of jumping the singles, he didn't rush them! I was so happy about this. After the single jumps, we worked on gymnastics. He needed work on striding and keeping straight, so it was a great exercise. He jumped through the first time oddly. The second time he was perfect. After that, we added another jump so we were jumping 3 in a row. He tried to run out the left side. After that, he jumped well. The next time we added a 4th jump. He jumped through like a pro! He jumped the oxer so well. Kellie says he is going to make a great child/adult jumper. Who knows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment